Trusted Family Lawyers Serving St. Petersburg & Pinellas County
Emerson Law, P.A. is a family law firm with years of experience serving clients throughout Pinellas County. Our team understands that divorce and other family law issues can be challenging to confront and process legally, financially, and psychologically. This can be due to legal complexities, emotional stress, and the impact on all parties involved, especially children.
This makes it crucial for you to choose the right family law firm to represent you in these sensitive and critical matters. Our firm has proven to be a reliable choice for Floridians in St. Pete, Largo, Clearwater, Seminole, and throughout Pinellas County, earning us high ratings by such organizations as Super Lawyers, Expertise.com, and the Better Business Bureau.
We also stand out in the local legal field because we tailor cases to meet your needs and budget. Our team understands that family law cases can be costly; thus, we strive to ensure our clients get the best possible representation without breaking the bank. We work to avoid litigation that doesn’t make sense regarding expense vs. benefit to save you time, stress, and money.
Why You Need a Family Law Attorney
Divorce and family law matters are some of the most complex, divisive, and emotionally challenging of all legal issues. Without professional help, few people understand the law, how courts view various matters, or how best to represent themselves before the courts. Furthermore, court decisions can profoundly impact you and your children for years.
At Emerson Law, P.A., we believe legal representation is crucial to achieving the best possible outcome. Our firm provides personal attention, cost-effectiveness, and a proven track record of success in these matters. Our many repeat clients are a testament to our dedication and quality of service. We invite you to join them in seeking the divorce and family law solutions that will work for you.
We will not waste your time or money trying to litigate cases that do not make sense from a cost-benefit analysis perspective.
We believe that each case and client is unique, and provide the legal assistance that is right for you and your budget.
We approach every case with a focus on integrity, advocacy, and understanding.
You don't need to come to our office to meet with our team. We can meet virtually!
Our Florida Family Law Services
We handle all issues and disputes related to Florida family law.
- Adoption: Our firm helps families looking to adopt a child. We can help prospective parents and biological mothers in the complex adoption process while protecting the child’s best interests.
- Alimony: Our team helps clients navigate the complex Florida alimony laws, working hard to ensure you get a fair settlement as the recipient or the payor.
- Annulment: We can assist clients with the process to help ensure your case is thoroughly prepared per the law, and your rights are protected.
- Child Custody: Our firm can help in all aspects of child custody cases, including visitation rights, joint or sole custody, and more.
- Child Support: If you are seeking or contesting child support payments, we can represent your interests while ensuring children receive the financial support they need to thrive per Florida law.
- Divorce: We can represent you in simple and highly complex divorce cases, including those involving military members, same-sex marriages, high-asset couples, uncontested filings, and more. We strive to protect your rights and best interests throughout the process.
- Parenting Plans: We can help you and your co-parent with parenting plans that work best for parents and children.
- Paternity & Fathers’ Rights: We represent fathers looking to establish paternity and secure parental rights.
- Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements: We can assist by drafting or reviewing prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to protect your assets in the event of divorce or separation.
- Modifications: We can help you seek changes to child custody, child support, and alimony court orders where a substantial change in circumstances has occurred.
- Enforcement: If your custody or support order has been violated, we can help you seek enforcement through the courts.
- Domestic Violence & Abuse: Our team represents those who are victims of domestic violence or who have been falsely accused. We work to ensure our parties’ rights are protected, and families are kept safe.
Mr. Emerson for lack of a better phrase held my hand through my entire custody process. I was very busy with other personal matters during the custody procedures, but my case never missed a beat due to Mr. Emersons diligence. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing an attorney in any of his areas of expertise. Mr. Emersons rates were also fantastic when I compared a few different lawyers.- Nicholas
I can't say enough about a small legal problem I had and I retained Cody Emerson to represent me. Not only did he win my case but he and his staff went above and beyond to get my problems resolved. I very much recommend Cody to everyone if you want a good dependable lawyer.- Karen M.
Mr. Emerson is an excellent attorney and I would highly recommend him. Cody and his team are professional and provided prompt responses to any questions I had throughout the entire process. He made a difficult process as smooth as possible and never gave me unreasonable expectations.- Nicole P.
There’s no question Cody is a talented and dedicated lawyer. I hold him in high regard and will recommend him to anyone going through a divorce. Not only did he take over my case and accomplish more in a month than a whole year; he kept my mind at ease and helped me make some tough decisions. He’s extremely detail oriented and amazingly smart. I’m so grateful for all he’s done for me. If you’re looking for a trustworthy lawyer, he’s your guy!- Sheli M.
I feel lucky to have had Cody Emerson and his team on my side during my divorce. Cody is an outstanding attorney, highly respected by the judge and court. He got me everything I hoped for, but didn't think that it was possible to get. Thank you, Cody, Kali and Jason for patiently putting up with me during these last two, most difficult years of my life and taking such good care of me. You guys are the best! Thank you!!!- Eva